- Friday, December 1: ADA Student Incentive
- Tuesday, December 12: Senior Ads Due
- Wednesday, December 13: Rebel Buddies
- Thursday, December 14: Mississippi Power Presentation
- Friday, December 15: Cookie Dough Hummer Ride
- Monday, December 18: Band Concert at 6:30PM
- Tuesday, December 19: USM Dolphin and Shark Experience-4th Grade
- Wednesday, December 20: Elementary Christmas Program in the RHS Auditorium at 8AM: 60% Day
- December 24, 2017-January 7, 2018: Christmas Holidays
- Monday, January 8, 2018: Students Return to School
- Monday, December 4-Tuesday, December 5: English II Retest
- Wednesday, December 6: Algebra I Retest
- Tuesday, December 7: US History and Biology Retest
- Friday, December 8: Make Up Testing for Retest
- Monday, December 11: NWEA Reading Test 7th-10th Grade
- Tuesday, December 12: NWEA ELA Test 7th-10 Grade
- Wednesday, December 13: NWEA Math Test 7th-10th Grade
- Thursday, December 14: NWEA Science Test 8th Grade
- Friday, December 15: NWEA Make Ups; 9 Weeks Test Review
- Exemption Begins for those who qualify
- Monday, December 18: Odd Period Test
- Tuesday, December 19: Even Period Test
- Wednesday, December 20: Make Up Test
- Friday, December 1-Saturday, December 2: Richton Rotary Tournament
- Tuesday, December 5: RHS Basketball vs. Resurrection at 6PM
- Thursday, December 7: RHS Basketball vs. OLA at 5PM Girls Only
- Friday, December 8: RHS Basketball at Perry Central at 5PM
- Tuesday, December 12: RHS Basketball at Greene County at 5PM
- RJH Basketball at Lumberton at 5PM/6PM
- RHS Baseball Womanless Beauty Pageant
- Friday, December 15: RHS Basketball at Purvis at 5PM
Homework Viewer Link
November Students of the Month
7th Grade-Kalina Montani
8th Grade-Bailey Bresse
9th Grade-Jason Brasher
10th Grade-Conner Smith
11th Grade-Bailey Goodnight
12th Grade-Kolby Walley
Students will receive a certificate, a coupon for free ice cream from The Old Theatre, and recognition on Facebook, the school Webpage, and in the Richton Dispatch.
Thanks to The Old Theatre for sponsoring the Student of the Month Program.
November Teacher of the Month
World History and Psychology Teacher
Head Jr. High Football and Assistant High School Football Coach
Head Archery Coach 7-12
Quality classroom instruction and classroom management, excellent content knowledge, and extensive vocabulary.
Motivates students and increases positive school climate and culture.
Coach Roberts will receive a certificate, a free lunch at The Old Theatre, front door parking, and recognition on Facebook, The Richton Dispatch, and on the school webpage.
Thanks to The Old Theatre for sponsoring the Teacher of the Month Program.
ActiveParent is a web-based application parents can use to keep track of student’s records. Richton School District parents with more than one student can access records for all them with one account. The goal of ActiveParent is to provide parents and guardians the ability to monitor student’s Grades, Attendance, Behavior, and Course Performance. ActiveParent provided student information as soon as it is entered into SAM (Student Administration Manager).
ActiveParent can be accessed by clicking the picture above or go to: http://ms5620.activeparent.net
Please contact the Elementary or High School Office for signup information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The ActiveParent iOS app has been released and is available for free right now on the App Store*
MDE Regional Literacy Meeting Schedules for Parents of K-3 Students (Click Here)
We are asking for all parents to please visit the MDE website (click here) for ideas on what to expect from MDE learning standards. It provides helpful information about Mississippi College and Career Ready Standards (MCCRS) and gives grade by grade information for English/Language Arts as well as Math. There are also videos to watch on the MDE college and career standards web page.
News from The Parents’ Campaign
Do you want to receive important news about education legislation, especially new policies that will affect the way you are allowed to teach and lead your classroom? Click on the link below to visit The Parents’ Campaign’s web site and sign up to get personalized emails sent directly to your inbox from Nancy Loome at The Parents’ Campaign.
The Mississippi Library Commission website has many practice tests available including ACT, GRE, and others. These practice tests are free of charge and covers all sections of the tests. The tests are located at:
EVERY VISITOR TO OUR CAMPUS MUST SIGN IN AT THE PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE UPON ENTERING THE SCHOOL CAMPUS TO OBTAIN A VISITOR’S PASS.
Visitors must be approved by administration before being given a visitor pass to wear while on campus. Anyone who fails to comply with this policy is subject to being reported to local law enforcement authorities. NO teacher will allow you to enter his/her classroom to speak to a student without a pass. Students from other schools will not be allowed to visit our classes. When parents/guardians go to school to check out their children, they will have to wait in the office; they will not be permitted to visit the child’s classroom or hallway. No visitors will be permitted in school hallways unless teachers on that hallway are notified in advance by the school secretary.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POLICY. We must make every effort to enforce this rule. It is the responsibility of this school to protect you children, so we must have your full cooperation in this matter.