Richton School District has developed a plan for a safe return to in-person instruction and continuity of services for all students within the district.
The following Safe Return Plan will ensure the continuity of services including but not limited to services to address the students’ academic needs, and students’ and staff social, emotional, mental health, and other needs, which may include student health and food services as well as appropriate accommodations for children with disabilities with respect to health and safety policies.
- The tentative in-person start date for students is Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Virtual classes will not be offered.
- Mississippi safety guidelines will be followed including but not limited to social distancing, masks, and classroom arrangements.
- Sanitizing operations to clean and maintain facilities will be conducted both daily or weekly in classrooms and on buses.
- Transportation of students will resume under normal operations.
- Cafeteria operations will resume while following food service guidelines.
The district is seeking public comment on this Safe Return Plan and will take comments into account to further develop this plan.
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org